LOUP COUNTY ELEMENTARY
We at Loup County Public Schools (LCPS) recognize the important role an educational institution plays in a young person’s development. We believe in our system and the benefits it can offer to students. Follow are some of the aspects that make our school strong and effective.
· Small class size allows for low teacher/pupil ratio and individualized instruction—a proven strategy to increase learning opportunities.
· Advanced in class technology available to all students.
· Innovative learning programs that provide a strong educational foundation—A to Z Reading Program for grades K-3, Accelerated Reading Math, and more.
· Team oriented teaching–-enabling teachers to provide excellent instruction in disciples they are passionate about.
· Full Physical Education, Music, and Art Programs.
SPECIAL ACTIVITIES AND COMMUNITY SERVICE:
FAMILY MATH NIGHTS: EVENINGS DEVOTED TO LEARNING TOGETHER.· GRANDPARENTS GATHERING: ENCOURAGING MULTI-GENERATIONAL LEARNING AND RESPECT.
KITE DAY: AN AFTERNOON DEDICATED TO FAMILY ACTIVITY FOR ALL AGES.
HOLIDAY BASKETS: STUDENTS MAKE AND DELIVER CARE PACKAGES TO MEMBERS OF THE SURROUNDING COMMUNITY.
COMMUNITY CLEANUP: STUDENTS, STAFF, AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS WORK AS A TEAM TO INSTILL CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY AND PRIDE.
READ ACROSS AMERICA MARCH MADNESS.· ELEMENTARY FIELD DAY
EDUCATIONAL CLUBS: FFA, FBLA, SPEECH, HISTORY DAY, AND QUIZ BOWL.· STUDENT COUNCIL: PROMOTING STUDENT LED DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITY.
SPORTS: FOOTBALL, VOLLEYBALL, CROSS COUNTRY, WRESTLING, GIRLS/BOYS BASKETBALL, AND TRACK—A SUCCESSFUL COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT WITH SARGENT PUBLIC SCHOOLS PROVIDES COMPETITIVE SPORTS TEAMS WHILE MAINTAINING SEPARATE SCHOOL PRIDE AND IDENTITY.·
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS.· K-12 STARS PROGRAM: ENCOURAGES INDIVIDUAL STUDENT GROWTH AND ACHIEVEMENT.
VETERANS DAY PROGRAM.
NEIGHBORHOOD HALLOWEEN PARADE.
VALENTINE’S WITH CMHC.
LOUP COUNTY JR. & SR. HIGH
As your child matures an array of opportunities are available, allowing students to participate in a large variety of activities while benefiting from a strong core curriculum and challenging elective courses. This encourages students to discover their areas of excellence.
· Dell Laptop 1:1 Program: “personal” laptops empower each student with technology while preparing them for college and the workplace.
· 7th-8th Grade Transition: activities and classes that encourage responsible life choices and self-confidence.
· Accelerate Reading and Math: allows student-oriented progression.
· Distance Learning Systems: provide a broad spectrum of courses utilizing real-time technology.
· Career Education: fully accredited classes in two programs of study; Ag Education, marketing and Business Information Technology.
· College Credit: elective college credit choices for seniors.
Free door-to-door busing
PowerSchool and Schoology promote teacher –student-parent communication.
Tyco IS Link Alert provides up to date communication.
Full security/monitor system ensures campus safety.
Families are always welcome!